The treks that compose the Mallorca Walking Event will take place on April in Mallorca.
The daily treks will be divided in segments of 30, 20 and 12.5 kilometers. Participants will be able to sign up to the route they prefer. The start for all participants will take place every day at 09:00h.
Participants will count with medical assistance and provisioning throughout the duration of the trek.
Important Note: the itinerary of the treks isn’t final. The organization reserves the right to modify the routes at any given time.
If you are considering participating in the Mallorca Walking Event you may want to read the following advice on how to prepare before and during the event in order to successfully complete the routes.
- To participate in the Mallorca Walking Event we need to be in good physical shape, and therefore we recommend training various months ahead of the event.
- Acquire the necessary sports material beforehand and use it to make sure it suits us and the type of exercise we are going to carry out.
- Sports shoes that are adequate both for walking and running. This is, without a doubt, the most important sports equipment and the one that will help us the most to complete the itineraries, guaranteeing our feet’s comfort.
- The sports clothes we’ll use must be made of breathable fabric, including the underwear.
- We mustn’t forget accessories such as sunglasses, a hat or cap, sunscreen, a backpack and a raincoat.
- Acquire material for healing blisters in case we have any after finishing the route.
- Complete the registration process in the indicated time and prepare all necessary documents.
Where the trek starts and ends every day:
All treks will start and end on Plaza Torá, which is on Paguera’s Ratolí Street, in front of Paguera Beach.
During the event:
- Sleep plenty of hours to get enough rest.
- Watch our diet: eat low-fat food in a balanced manner.
- Change our socks approximately every two hours to avoid blisters or wounds on our feet.
- Drink water and eat something regularly, such as isotonic drinks and energy bars.
- Massage our legs after completing the route to relax our muscles and avoid possible injuries.
But remember the most important thing you must take into account during the four days of the Mallorca Walking Event is to have fun and enjoy the sport, the wonderful landscapes that surround you and the people that walk with you.
Conditions of the Mallorca Walking Event:
- Sign up to the event in accordance with the rules and conditions exhibited by the organizers of the Mallorca Walking Event.
- Sign up using your own personal information; the registration cannot be transferred to a third party. If a participant wished to cancel his or her participation, the registration fee will not be refunded except when the withdrawal is due to force majeure.
- To participate in the Mallorca Walking Event each participant must pay all registration fees.
- The walk is not a competition, but a personal challenge. Participation is voluntary and is carried out under your own responsibility.
- The use of any kind of transportation is forbidden while completing the treks. By “walking” we mean the type of movement in which your feet are in contact with the ground and your bodyweight is transferred from the left foot to the right one.
- You can only overtake other participants and/or people in a way that doesn’t disturb the others.
- The participants’ clothes during the event must always be in accordance with the general norms of education, and the torso must always be covered.
- The Mallorca Walking Event doesn’t allow the use or abuse of drugs and alcohol while completing the treks.
- The participant will have to follow the signs marked for each trek and begin each walk at the time foreseen and announced by the organization. If not, the organization Mallorca Walking Event will not be responsible for people getting lost. If the participant does not leave at the foreseen time, he may NOT find the necessary indications for each route.
- Making publicity without permission of the Mallorca Walking Event Committee is strictly forbidden.
- Bringing animals (with the exception of guide dogs for blind people), strollers or other objects that may hinder the trek or endanger the other participants is strictly forbidden, as is bringing radios or other devices that emit sounds.
- If the event should be canceled because of force majeure, the participants will have the right to ask for a refund of the registration fee, but they won't have the right to any sort of compensation. The money that corresponds to the reservation of accommodation, flights or other expenses will not be refunded.
- The participants are the only people responsible for the belongings they carry with them throughout the duration of the Walking Event.
- The participants will have to follow the safety instructions provided by the organization, the police and/or other collaborators.
- The participants will have to know and adhere to the current rules and laws of traffic, as well as the safety instructions provided by the organization and/or the policy, being the participants responsible for the non-compliance of these rules and safety instructions.
- In order to comply with the Spanish national law 15/1999, regulating the Protection of Data of a Personal Nature, we inform that the personal data you provided will form part of the Suppliers and Clients file that is duly registered before the Spanish Data Protection Agency, and the person responsible is the organizer of the Mallorca Walking Event. You will be able to exercise your rights to access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by requesting it in written form or by e-mail and duly confirming your identification to the Mallorca Walking Event organization.
- The participant must carry a valid ID or passport for his identification.
- By registering or signing up as a participant to the Mallorca Walking Event, the participant grants the right to his data or image to the organizers of the event, so that these may be used for any act of information or promotion of the Mallorca Walking Event and, if they are, he will not be able to ask for retribution.
- By signing up to the Mallorca Walking Event the participant declares that he knows and agrees with the rules of participation.
Mallorca is the largest of the Balearic Islands, it counts with 288.8 days of sun a year and a yearly average temperature of 18.2ºC. It can be reached by boat from Denia or Barcelona, or by plane via direct flights from the main airports of Europe. Mallorca counts with approximately 48 airlines that reach the island from 151 destinations in Europe and Africa.
Mallorca is synonymous with world-famous beaches and coves, but also with nature, golf, culture, watersports, fun... Via the following links you will be able to consult any information you need about Mallorca. Enjoy your stay on the island!